To Our Valued Patients and Perspective Patients,
We are excited to let you know that we are open and treating patients. Please be advised that many new safety measures have been implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic. But rest assured, the goal of Affiliated Periodontists of North Jersey has always been and will continue to be the utmost safety of our patients and staff.
In addition to our already stringent infection control protocol, here are some of the extra safety procedures we have undertaken:
- Staff and patients must always wear face coverings.
- Your vehicle is your waiting room for the time being. We will call you to come into the office once the operatory is ready for you.
- E-mailing (or downloading the forms via our website, www.affiliatedperio.com ), the necessary paperwork well ahead of your scheduled appointment.
- Social distancing by adjusting our schedule to have fewer patients in the office at any time.
- • Daily patient and staff COVID-19 screening, including non-contact temperature taking and COVID-19 questionnaire required at each visit.
- Sneeze guards at the front desk.
- Medical grade HEPA air filters throughout the office.
- Extraoral and intraoral suction units to reduce exposure to aerosol spray during certain procedures.
- Hand sanitizers throughout the office.
- Disinfecting all patient areas, including the bathroom, after each patient visit.
- PPE including but not limited to: N95 and Level 3 surgical masks, isolation gowns as well as disposable lab jackets, face shields, additional surface coverings, etc.
As the premier Periodontal and Implant practice in Bergen County, we value and appreciate the opportunity to take care of your dental needs. Thank You for your continued confidence!!
We welcome any questions you may have about the measures we have implemented during these changing times.Click Here to Download the COVID-19 Questionnaire
International Leaders in the Dental Implant Field
Welcome to Affiliated Periodontists of North Jersey! We are a specialty practice that focuses on periodontics—the treatment of disease and conditions associated with periodontal tissues, and specialize in the surgical placement of dental implants. Drs. Robert and Michael Jaffin and Akshay Kumar are Diplomates of the American Board of Periodontology and are regarded as pioneers in the implantology field as well as expert periodontists. We have been placing dental implants since 1984 and have placed well over 25,000 successful and healthy implants. In addition, our doctors and staff are dedicated to providing comfortable, minimally-invasive treatment through the use of modern technology and techniques.
Dr. Robert Jaffin
Periodontist Dr. Robert A. Jaffin received his D.M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and completed his post-graduate training at Columbia University. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, and is a highly regarded surgical specialist in the area of periodontics and osseointegration (dental implants).Read More
Dr. Akshay Kumar
Periodontist Dr. Akshay Kumar received his D.M.D. from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and completed his post-graduate training at Temple University. He is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology and an active member of the Academy of Osseointegration. He is a highly regarded surgical specialist in the area of periodontics and osseointegration (dental implants) with advanced training in bone regeneration.Read More
Dr. Michael Jaffin
Periodontist Dr. Michael S. Jaffin received his D.M.D. from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine where he graduated Cum Laude and completed his post-graduate training in Periodontology and Implantology at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Dr. Jaffin is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, a member of the ADA and Academy of Osseointegration where he serves on a committee that’s focus is on improving young clinician’s involvement in organized dentistry and research.Read More
For those with missing teeth, dental implants are considered the gold standard of tooth replacement. The implant post mimics the function of a tooth root, stimulating the jaw bone and providing a secure hold. A lifelike dental crown is attached above the gum line that restores the natural appearance and function of your tooth. Dental implants will allow you to speak, eat and smile with confidence. Learn More…
Dental fear is a common concern for many people, but with state-of-the-art laser dentistry, many of the factors that cause anxiety are removed. Using gentle laser light, we are able to eliminate bacteria and treat soft tissue concerns without the use of scalpels or sutures. Many patients experience minimal bleeding and a quick healing time frame. Read More…
Gum Disease Therapy
Gum disease is a progressive condition that affects both the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. As periodontists, we specialize in the care and treatment of mild to severe gum disease. We offer both traditional and minimally invasive laser therapy for gum disease treatment and can treat peri-implantitis for those who have dental implants. Learn More…